Thursday, January 1, 2015

40 feats update.

#7.  Zak Brown Band - June, 2014
       There's just something about the heat of summer, a cold beer, one of your best friends, a road trip, flip flops in a field, and a country concert.  These guys put on an amazing show with great covers and let's just say the people watching was priceless.


#15.  Pippin Hill Winery (8/14) and Veritas Winery (10/14)
         Gorgeous scenery, great company, and the wine is getting better and better around these parts.  Looking forward to tackling a few more of these (on bikes??) through next summer.







#20.  Lucky Dog Animal Rescue - 4 hours so far
         One of my best friends, Liz, is very active with the organization which is based in DC and recently asked me to help out with a home visit for a couple looking to adopt a rescue pup from them but they live down here in Cville.  Well, I love the cafe they have in DC and I love dogs so sure, sign me up to help.  :)  Basically, I go and make sure the house and surrounding land is safe and that the potential owners will be able to handle the responsibilities of a dog and, even more involved, a rescue who might need some extra love and forgiveness.  Both of the visits I have done so far have been great, it's such a cool way to meet local people and work with a cause that I'm incredible passionate about but can't be too hands on with or I'll end up being the crazy dog lady who lives in the woods with 250 insane, but adorable, pups.  Check them out, it's worth it.   

http://www.luckydoganimalrescue.org     So much cuteness there.

#22.  Cherry tree, Spring 2014.  I feel like I'm going to need to get after this one a bit.  It's hard to pick, purchase, and plant a tree and 30 is a lot.  But we are in desperate need of landscaping so it's a good goal and our yard will appreciate it.

#16.  Annie Hall, 8/14.  Slumdog Millionaire, 12/14.
        Loved Annie Hall.  My mom said it was the first real romantic comedy that came out and it was really quirky so it's right up my alley.  And I adore Diane Keaton.  It was really cool to watch a movie from the 70's and not feel greasy or like I needed a cigarette to fit in.
        Slumdog Millionaire was incredibly well done.  Visually interesting, thought provoking, and beautiful to watch.  But it was NOTHING like the preview.  Which is fine, I just like a slight heads up when I'm going to cry or lose all faith in humanity.  From the trailer, it looked like a very inspiring, romantic tale of two kids who make it through a somewhat tough childhood and end up together.  So we settled in for a cute, uplifting two hours.  Add in extreme poverty, orphan labor, human disfigurement, murder, religious persecution, suicide, gang violence, and asshole greed and that's exactly what we got.  I'm just saying prep yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment