Sunday, March 6, 2011

48 hours of Spring

I can't explain it.  I found out tonight that we've actually had less snow than some places in Georgia this winter.  So why has the past few months felt like a never ending cold, cloudy, brown, wet day?  I could probably have the same sort of spring fever living in Wisconsin, and at least have snow.  Which will never happen, rest assured.  The Wisconsin part. 

Side note:  Tosh.O is amazing.
Second side note:  Why is Mike Tyson on the Animal Planet channel?

I love snow.  It's clean, soft, quiet, cozy, and usually shuts all normal ways of life down unexpectedly which can be a really nice change of pace.  What I don't love is 35 degrees and rain.  And you'd think by the way I'm pouting over the length of this season that we have had nothing but cold and rain.  But we're actually in a drought.  Well, not after today I suppose.

* UNTIL 1000 PM EST

* AT 653 PM EST EMERGENCY MANAGMENT OFFICIALS ARE REPORTING FLOODING
WITHIN THE WARNING AREA.

A FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS IMMINENT OR HAS BEEN REPORTED.
STREAM RISES WILL BE SLOW AND FLASH FLOODING IS NOT EXPECTED.
HOWEVER...ALL INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD TAKE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS
IMMEDIATELY. 


So, again, I can't explain it.  And I don't feel unhappy.  Exactly the opposite actually, things are really great.  I'm just so ready for warm weather and abundant sunshine.

Hence our recent trip for Jonecoates-palooza in Miami.  Nick had to move down there for work and while we were super sad to see them go, having an excuse to visit a place that averages 80 degrees and sunny in February almost makes up for the loss.  Almost.

Stepping off the plane, I felt like I was breathing more deeply almost immediately.  The cancer I developed from said deep inhalations and the cloud of exhaust that is MIA will almost certainly be worth it, I'm sure.  We spent the whole weekend outside.  Walking, riding, sitting in the grass, staring at fake boobs, watching the sunset, cleaning sand from our feet, awing the Florida version of the New Jersey guido, changing outfits at least three times a day to get the most use out of tank tops and skirts I hadn't seen in months.

 
 It was great.  Exactly what we needed.  We spent a lot of the plane ride home (when not scared for our lives - crazy wind storm) talking about how we could get a little more of that into our daily lives here.  What we came up with was less on the weekends, or maybe just less altogether.  Which is hard to do with what we have coming up but we're going to try.  Also viewing a weekend trip as a needed release and not just something else we're taking on.  The break from our house hold to-do lists is mandatory.  It's a state of mind.

Here's a video to make all you out there with a foot of snow still on the ground jealous.  Notice the green leaves, sunshine, gators, and most importantly Dave's banana seat beach cruiser.


Stay warm, the end is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment