Friday, January 25, 2013

January.

I've really noticed lately how much weather affects our daily lives. Maybe it's the fact that we can't control it but our activities and plans depend so heavily on its outcome that makes me notice it. Maybe it's just the omnipresent fear of being cooped up with a cranky, teething toddler forever teetering on the edge of boredom that will make you check the forecast and wonder if the park, or just a stroll in the woods, is an option. Either way, this time of year has always been a very love/hate relationship of mine.

Honestly, I believe things are just more complicated in the winter. More clothes to keep track of, less day light means more workout planning, less fresh fruits and veggie options for quick and healthy snacks, and need I even mention how sick and tired I am of everyone being so sick and tired?

Not to say that the winter months don't have their importance. I love snow. And fires, and low key movie watching nights. And sweaters, and moonlight that just seems brighter this time of year. The clear, crisp run I went on last night through the fields in the snow covered grass makes the 30 minute coats/shoes/hats/gloves gear up time seem worth it.

We've actually had a pretty good mix of warm and cold so far. Parks and chilly hikes. And breaking in our new home.

 

2 comments:

  1. They are growing up so fast! I agree with your comments about the winter. I love the coziness and coming in from the cold to the warmth of a home. And, we wouldn't appreciate spring nearly so much if we didn't have the bleakness of winter!
    Isn't it wonderful that each season has its wonders and trials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to come back from another visit!! :) The holidays this year were great to spend with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete