Tuesday, July 1, 2014

#8 and #15

                    #8 - 5 more marathon states.

Because, at times, my non-stressful list is a lot to take on and because I hope we'll all admit that running a marathon isn't a light matter, I'm going to take a few liberties here and count the one I ran in May towards my forty feats list, even if the countdown didn't begin until the end of June. It's my list, get your own with your own rules if you don't like it.  Damnit. 

So, Delaware, check. I wrote about it last week if you want to check it out. Great race, felt good except for the heat, kept me interested in what was out there race and time wise. So we'll see what's next. 

                    #15 - Monticello Wine Trail wineries 

Also done before the official list countdown began, Dave and I tasted at Burnley vineyards back in early Spring. It was during one of our ingenious "day dates" and always seems to relax us enough to enjoy the rest of the day together. We've never been big night owls so these day dates are a way for us to do something fun during daylight hours and make it home post bedtime chaos but early enough to get a good nights sleep because, let's face it, Rowan will still be staring us down over the side of our bed at 6am whether we stayed out til dawn or not. 

Cute winery, literally in someone's house but that was pretty cozy, and maybe a tad weird. We couldn't wait to get a nice day to enjoy, this winter was pretty rough so Spring was more than welcome. Great place to nap among the vines and the change of pace to go north of town was definitely nice. But, anything is pretty nice when you've got this handsomeness to snuggle up to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment